Why Work At Red Willow Chemical?
Red Willow Chemical offers an excellent work environment. We have an aggressive pay structure, great benefits, and opportunities to be a leader in your field. We also pride ourselves on being family-oriented and a place where every employee has a voice.
Current Job Openings
About the job:
The Procurement Manager is responsible for researching, selecting, and purchasing quality products. Building relationships with current suppliers and new suppliers and negotiating with them for the best price, quantities, and delivery time. In this position you will also be a member of the executive team who are responsible for planning, employee selection, assisting in company decisions and must office in McCook, NE.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, initiates, coordinates and monitors business relationships with distributors and chemical manufacturer representatives.
- Tracks chemical prices, trends, shortages, and reports to the team.
- Monitor the company’s inventory position to optimize carry cost efficiency.
- Coordinate purchases and plan based on the sales teams’ needs.
- Maintains good working relationships with vendors, customers, executive team, and all employees.
- Demonstrates competence in AgVance.
- Managing/Minimizing supply chain risk.
- Pricing chemicals for Wholesale and Retail team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks.
Education & Experience:
- Associates’ Degree with appropriate related work experience.
- Must be authorized to work in the state.
- Experience with accounting, agronomy, purchasing or supply chain management.
- Identifying organizational needs.
This team has a strong character and integrity which is essential for the procurement manager. The work environment is healthy with a driven staff with the desire to help everyone succeed. “We work hard and play hard.”
- 401k w/matching
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off
Red Willow Chemical Application Form
Red Willow Chemical Scholarship Opportunities
Amounts (1) $1500, (1) $1000, and (2) $500 | Paid Internships also available.
We are committed to promoting the ag industry and encouraging our local youth to take advantage of opportunities here. We believe that our young kids from local communities are our biggest asset.
Red Willow Chemical is a privately owned company that started in 1978 by our own local Griff Malleck. At RWC we offer chemicals for our local growers, wholesale retailers and aerial application services. We strive to serve our customers, community, and employees. We are looking for energetic students interested in agronomy, chemical sales, other ag related courses, and aviation. We want those who are ready to work hard and join a team with a great company culture.
Start dates are flexible. Internship will last approximately 90 days.
Time will be divided between all aspects of our business so you can get a feel for multiple areas within our business. This will include agronomy, chemical sales, warehouse, aerial application, and more.
$15/hour with a bonus to be paid at the end of the internship. Tuition reimbursement will also be provided for interns that return or turn into full time employment.
To apply: Send a resume and a short essay about you and your future plans including:
- Tell us about your background.
- What do you want to study and why?
- Why are you interested in Ag?
- Where do you plan to go to school?
- What do you plan to get your degree in?
- Where do you want to live when you graduate and why?
Email to: email@example.com
Or Mail to:
Red Willow Chemical
Attn: Ashley Winder
PO Box 444
McCook, NE 69001